About my Out of Office response email

Peter L. Peres plp-ysDPMY98cNQDDBjDh4tngg at public.gmane.org
Tue Apr 27 08:29:42 UTC 2004

On Mon, 26 Apr 2004, Fraser Campbell wrote:

> On Monday 26 April 2004 17:56, John Li wrote:
>
> > First of all I feel really sorry about the annoying that those Out of
> > Office emails brought to you and I was surprised also this morning when I
> > got back to office. It's not working the way I setup the responding rule
> > because I only setup to respond emails directly sent to me, not to the
> > email list !
>
> Apology accepted.

Spend 5 seconds and realise what would have happened to the list server if
*two* people would have had an autoresponder on at the same time.
Preferrably such that one will already be running and the second would
just manage to send a last message to him before turning on his
autoresponder. Autoresponder blocking is not a mailing list software
feature, it's a *requirement*. There is no need to apologize, s**t
happens. But there should be safeties in the system to make sure it does
not spread.

Peter