Website framework

Fraser Campbell fraser-eicrhRFjby5dCsDujFhwbypxlwaOVQ5f at public.gmane.org
Tue Apr 27 03:27:40 UTC 2004

On Monday 26 April 2004 23:12, gabriel wrote:

> oo!  another one that's really sweet is "smarty" (smarty.php.net)  it's got
> a built-in cacheing engine and is designed to be easy to separate code and
> design.  so your designers can play with the templates while the developers
> can write the "real" code ;-)

I've been using smarty for a while and agree on that.  It keeps the code
clean, of course the html can get messy (darn template tags).

If you want something more that just a template system you might want to look
at mamboserver ... I haven't used it so I can only say that it looks
interesting.

> if you're using gentoo, it's as easy as "emerge smarty"

If on Debian "apt-get install smarty" ;-)