Website framework

gabriel danstemporaryaccount-FFYn/CNdgSA at public.gmane.org
Tue Apr 27 03:12:25 UTC 2004

On April 26, 2004 09:31 pm, Sidney Shapiro wrote:
> Does anyone have suggestions for an open source framework to build this
> on? We have been looking at drupal (too complicated), PHPNuke (A
> possible, but it would require a lot of work), Mambo (not sure), ???

oo!  another one that's really sweet is "smarty" (smarty.php.net)  it's got a
built-in cacheing engine and is designed to be easy to separate code and
design.  so your designers can play with the templates while the developers
can write the "real" code ;-)

if you're using gentoo, it's as easy as "emerge smarty"

--
"mr. ghandi, what do you think of western civilization?"
"i think it would be a good idea."