mailing list archive

William O'Higgins william.ohiggins-H217xnMUJC0sA/PxXw9srA at public.gmane.org
Sun Apr 25 12:26:20 UTC 2004

On Sat, Apr 24, 2004 at 09:53:13PM -0400, Zbigniew Koziol wrote:
>On Saturday 24 April 2004 19:23, you wrote:
>> http://news.gmane.org/gmane.org.user-groups.linux.tolug/
>
>Does not work on my Netscape Communicator 4.78 under Linux.
>
>And poorely works under Opera 6.0.

I am compelled to ask why you are using such spectacularly outdated
software.  Expecting those browsers to work in this day and age
is ridiculous to me.  Opera 6 was a work in progress that did the same
things well that Opera 4 did, with a pile of new and innovative
features, but it wasn't considered "done."  NN was widely seen to be an
abomination that needed to be discarded 18 months after its release, and
now I'd suggest that using it is totally inappropriate for web browsing.
It is, based on the standards established at the end of the last
millennium, broken.  The link above even works fine in w3m.
--

yours,

William