Fedora Woes

Noah John Gellner noah.gellner-H217xnMUJC0sA/PxXw9srA== at public.gmane.org
Mon Apr 19 16:35:43 UTC 2004

This mystery for me is why Redhat is such a popular commercial
distribution.

I remember having a look at Redhat when it was introduced
and didn't like it then - I was a Slackware guy. Against my better
judgment I continue to try their new releases and now the Fedora
releases. I am always disappointed. Usually I am wooed by the relative
ease of the installation, usually when I am temporarily frustrated with
some problem with another distro. But after a few months the Redhat
model drives me crazy and I jump ship. I am now counting the days before
I de-Fedorize my computer.

By way of contrast, I have been happily
running Gentoo on my server for over year. So sweet.

Yea, and I don't get Nautilus. gtk looks so nice but beyond that ...

Disclaimer: These are my personal opinions and no offence is meant to
anyone who has had other experiences with Redhat and Gnome. More power
to you. No one can fault Linux for providing 101 tools for most jobs.

Cheers,
Noah

--
Even Buddha punished evil - "Master Killer"