Fedora Woes

Rob Sutherland rob-HoWcdTCbwWKHoZZAE0nKLw== at public.gmane.org
Mon Apr 19 17:02:33 UTC 2004

On Mon, 19 Apr 2004 12:35:43 -0400
Noah John Gellner <noah.gellner-H217xnMUJC0sA/PxXw9srA==@public.gmane.org> wrote:

> This mystery for me is why Redhat is such a popular commercial
> distribution.

Have you ever seen a show called 'Connections'? I don't know if it's still
on or not, but I used to watch it back in the 90's. It was about the history of
technology and how things we take for granted came into being. Tin cans, for example,
came into being because a winemaker in France went bust during the Napoleonic wars.
Redhat becoming a market leader is more or less the same thing - a series of coincidences
at the right time. Nothing to do with merit or rational analysis - although it must be doing
an adequate job for most of it's users or I'd assume they'd switch.

Rob

--
Rob Sutherland - rob-HoWcdTCbwWKHoZZAE0nKLw==@public.gmane.org
Computer Support at http://www.cheapersafer.com