ftpput script: perl ?

Rick Delaney rick-h4KjNK7Mzas= at public.gmane.org
Sun Apr 18 14:27:14 UTC 2004

On Sat, Apr 17, 2004 at 04:44:45PM -0400, William O'Higgins wrote:

> >> PS: Is there a Perl solution anyway ? I'd like to see how others program
> >> sockets after having done my own version.
> >
> >They use modules, in this case Net::FTP.
>
> Not necessarily.  See this: http://nerd.cx/get.php?code20030911

The very first line of code is

   use IO::Socket;

which looks like an imported module to me.  Of course you *can* do
socket programming in Perl without using modules.  The point is that
you would have to be deranged (or be working in a very, very restrictive
environment) to want to.

Also, Net::FTP has been part of core perl since 5.8.0 at least.

--
Rick Delaney
rick-h4KjNK7Mzas=@public.gmane.org