ftpput script: perl ?

William O'Higgins william.ohiggins-H217xnMUJC0sA/PxXw9srA at public.gmane.org
Sun Apr 18 05:20:28 UTC 2004

On Sat, Apr 17, 2004 at 09:50:07PM -0600, Taavi Burns wrote:
>> >They use modules, in this case Net::FTP.
>>
>> Not necessarily.  See this: http://nerd.cx/get.php?code20030911
>
>Though then you have to know and use the actual FTP protocol directly,
>which is ugly.  That example only auths, does a dir listing, and quits.
>You'd have to deal with how to read/write files over ftp to make it
>useful.

Yes, but that was why I called it a "proof-of-concept", rather than a
fully-fledged Perl-based ftp program.  If you want to interface with ftp
servers, you'll have to deal with the ftp protocol, ugly or not.  From
what is there it is quite trivial to add the necessary lines to automate
a given process.
--

yours,

William