Linux tax software

Stewart C.Russell scruss-rieW9WUcm8FFJ04o6PK0Fg== at public.gmane.org
Sun Apr 18 13:32:22 UTC 2004

As I'm pretty sure there are no native Linux tax programs, I tried ufile.ca last night. Its fancy JavaScript drop-down menus got all messed up under Mozilla 1.6, and Opera 7 wouldn't get passed its browser check.

Curiously, Mozilla 1.5 on our eMac worked just fine (even if it did try to install the windows version of Acrobat Reader first). I filed both of our returns  in about 90 minutes (total), for about $20.

In the spirit of Evan's old "online banks that work with linux", has anyone had positive/negative experience with other tax filing programs/services?

cheers,
 Stewart