Web hosting software - replacement for Ensim

Fraser Campbell fraser-eicrhRFjby5dCsDujFhwbypxlwaOVQ5f at public.gmane.org
Sun Apr 18 12:10:45 UTC 2004

On Saturday 17 April 2004 18:11, Ilya Palagin wrote:

> Does anybody have any experience with a good hosting software?  I've
> used Ensim WebAppliance, but the current version is dropped, new one is

My experience is that clients only need control over their email, once their
website has been setup nothing (in the setup) is likely to change.  You
clients may be different, dunno.  What do you need?

For the hosting that I do I have 2 scripts that I wrote; addwebdomain and
addmaildomain.  They ask a few simple questions and setup an apache config or
a postfix email config as appropriate.

My email configuration is (almost) entirely held within mysql so it is very
easy to manipulate from alternative interfaces (other than root shell login).
I wrote a user management interface for email in php and clients have
complete control over email accounts, aliases and forwards within their
domain.

My setup is based on that described at
http://kirb.insanegenius.net/postfix.html ... if you don't like mysql you
could do something similar with mysql or ldap, you could also use pam modules
instead of the application specific authentication modules.

--
Fraser Campbell <fraser-Txk5XLRqZ6CsTnJN9+BGXg==@public.gmane.org>                 http://www.wehave.net/