Tonight's meeting

Chris F.A. Johnson c.f.a.johnson-bJEeYj9oJeDQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org
Thu Apr 15 04:45:11 UTC 2004

On Wed, 14 Apr 2004, William Park wrote:

> On Wed, Apr 14, 2004 at 02:36:54PM -0400, Chris F.A. Johnson wrote:
> > On Wed, 14 Apr 2004, William Park wrote:
> > > But, how do you determine which email to delete?  That is, what
> > > criteria do you try to match?
> >

> > deny() {
> >     printf "%s\n" "${header[@]}"  "${body[@]}" |
> >        egrep -if $deny >/dev/null 2>&1 && return 5 || return 0
> > }
>
> > ^FROM:.*\<MS\> [a-z][a-z]
[snip]
> > ^(TO|Cc):.*Internet
>
> In the talk, you said multiple 'To:' addresses with same domain, ie.
>     To: ...-bJEeYj9oJeDQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org, ... at rogers.com, ... at rogers.com,
> 	...-bJEeYj9oJeDQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org, ... at rogers.com, ... at rogers.com
> would be a spam and is deleted.
>
> But, how do you do that with
>     egrep -f deny
> mechanism?

    I actually use multiple deny files, but it could all be in one;
    this is from one of the other files:

^(To|Cc):.*<.*@rogers.com>,.*<.*@rogers.com>,.*<.*@rogers.com>,.*<.*@rogers.com>
^(To|Cc):.*<.*@torfree.net>,.*<.*@torfree.net>,.*<.*@torfree.net>,.*<.*@torfree.net>

    It could probably be shortened with an ERE, but that requires too
    much unnecessary thought.

--
	Chris F.A. Johnson                      http://cfaj.freeshell.org