a simple networking problem

Zbigniew Koziol zkoziol-Zd07PnzKK1IAvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Tue Apr 13 21:18:54 UTC 2004

Please forgive my ignorance in this subject and alziness to solve the problem
myself. I would prefer rather to go ahead with my urgent project than to
spend hours to find the solution myself.

There are 3 computers in this place.

(1). A connected to the internet openBSD working as a gateway. Its local IP
address is 10.1.1.1

(2). A linux (RH 7.2) working as a workstation used by me in everyday life
for work and fun. Its local IP is 10.1.1.11

(3). A new box with Windows 2000 Pro (sorry, had no choice but to use it for
my temporary work). I have problem to connect this one.

Computer (1) has a place for one ethernet card only.
Computer (2) has already two ethernet cards inside.

Hence, I want to put traffic between (3) and (1) through (2).

At this moment, /sbin/route on computer (2) shows this:

10.0.0.0        *               255.0.0.0       U     0      0        0 eth0
127.0.0.0       *               255.0.0.0       U     0      0        0 lo
default         gate            0.0.0.0         UG    0      0        0 eth0

I know that ethernet cards work properly on all computers and configuring (3)
to that extend I need is not a problem either.

The question is:

How to manipulate by /sbin/ifconfig and /sbin/route, etc, on computer (2) in
order to be able, at least, to have a working connection between (2) and (3) ?