Fedora Woes

Noah John Gellner noah.gellner-H217xnMUJC0sA/PxXw9srA at public.gmane.org
Thu Apr 15 00:23:14 UTC 2004

I have been so unhappy with my experience with Fedora so far. I am really looking forward to switching after my exams are finished.

My latest problem is that I want to autostart programs when I log in to an X session. You would think it is easy. However, Redhat's hacked scripts don't let you add your own entries to .xinitrc. However, Redhat has also appeared to have removed the Startup section from the gnome menu.

I am no computer whiz, but I am not a total newbie either. I can't believe that I spent the last hour trying to figure how how to autostart my favorite apps. The worst part is that I haven't figured it out yet. Instead I have given up.

Blast you Redhat