apt problems (?)

David J Patrick davidjpatrick-rieW9WUcm8FFJ04o6PK0Fg at public.gmane.org
Tue Apr 13 20:35:35 UTC 2004

and now I've got a jammed up apt-get !
    I've been here before, and been forced to re-install the works
There must be a better way !

root-FHL3x92oaS0 at public.gmane.org:/mnt/hda8/djp# apt-get upgrade
Reading Package Lists... Done
Building Dependency Tree... Done
You might want to run `apt-get -f install' to correct these.
  libarts1-mpeglib: Depends: libxv1 but it is not installed
  libarts1-xine: Depends: libxv1 but it is not installed
  mpeglib: Depends: libxv1 but it is not installed
E: Unmet dependencies. Try using -f.

and so it stops ! apt-get -f install does not work for me ! sigh..
clues ? thanks,
djp