the problem with Linux?

Rob Sutherland rob-HoWcdTCbwWKHoZZAE0nKLw at public.gmane.org
Tue Apr 13 17:18:31 UTC 2004

On Tue, 13 Apr 2004 12:33:13 -0400
Elliott Chapin <echapin-rieW9WUcm8FFJ04o6PK0Fg at public.gmane.org> wrote:

> At 10:17 AM 4/13/04, you wrote:
> >On Wed, 7 Apr 2004 17:08:45 -0400
> >Fraser Campbell <fraser-eicrhRFjby5dCsDujFhwbypxlwaOVQ5f at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> > >
> > > I've resisted this until now but since the distro questions have come up
> > > elsewhere in the thread what the heck ...
> > >
> > > I am curious to find out why people use Fedora.  Have those using
> > Fedora ever
> > > tried Debian, what was the deciding factor in going the Fedora
> > route?  I am
> > > genuinely curious about this issue, since I cannot come up with any
> > reasons
> > > to choose Fedora personally.

Not to sound like a Heartless Opportunist(tm), but the reason I use Redhat/Fedora now is
because, at least in North America, it has, IMHO, the highest level of name recognition
in potential clients.

The reason I started using it originally was simply that it was easier to install than Slackware.

Rob
Rob Sutherland - rob-HoWcdTCbwWKHoZZAE0nKLw at public.gmane.org
Computer Support at http://www.cheapersafer.com