Powering Off

Moniz Family john.moniz-rieW9WUcm8FFJ04o6PK0Fg at public.gmane.org
Mon Apr 12 19:54:57 UTC 2004

I installed Mandrake 8.2 a while back on my sister PC, which is now dual
boot while they're weaning themselves off of windows. I remember during
the install keeping only the packages I thought they'd need and after
the install removing a bunch of servers I didn't think were necessary.

I may have removed too much because the pc won't power off in linux, but
it does in windows. Does anyone know which package or service does the
powering off at the end of shutdown? I have tried the commands 'halt',
'halt -p', 'shutdown -h now', so am thinking a package or service is
missing.

Thanks.

John.