business cards in OO 1.1.0

Peter L. Peres plp-ysDPMY98cNQDDBjDh4tngg at public.gmane.org
Fri Apr 2 09:45:54 UTC 2004

On Thu, 1 Apr 2004, Chris Aitken wrote:

> Has anyone made business cards in OO?
>
> The snag I've hit is populating all ten cards with text. ALthough I'd
> chosen 2 columns and 5 rows I was getting the two and five, but spread
> out over two pages. One one page this manifests as card, blank, card,
> blank, card -- a waste of business card stock.

I haven't tried this but I have a hunch: check if the paper size and the
card widths tally. I.e. if the card width * 2 + whatever margins are set
are wider than the current printable width then it should do what you
describe. You can prevent it by setting the margins very narrow and/or
lying about the paper width. The latter may cause the printer to do
strange things. This is not limited to OO afaik.

Peter