RSS Protocol?

Fraser Campbell fraser-eicrhRFjby5dCsDujFhwbypxlwaOVQ5f at public.gmane.org
Thu Apr 1 23:24:48 UTC 2004

On Thursday 01 April 2004 18:21, Paul King wrote:

> I am interested in learning more on the RSS protocol, particularly any
> protocol advertising itself as GPL (I am aware there is more than one RSS
> protocol at this time). I am interested in writing my own source at this
> time. However, if there is existing source out there that anyone is aware
> of, please bring it up.

Here are a few that come from searching debian packages:

  multiticker - GNOME applet to provide scrolling RDF/RSS news tickers
  ctrlproxy - An IRC proxy with multiserver support
  libapache-mod-index-rss - Output RSS indexes of website content
  libxml-rss-perl - Perl module for managing RSS (RDF Site Summary) files
  liferea - RSS News Aggregator for GNOME2
  raggle - Console RSS aggregator
  rss2email - receive RSS feeds by email
  snownews - Text mode RSS newsreader
  straw - A GNOME RSS (weblog) aggregator
  toursst - RSS channel news items where you want them
  dcoprss - KDE RSS utilities
  librss1-dev - KDE RSS library [development]