Large File Upload

Fraser Campbell fraser-eicrhRFjby5dCsDujFhwbypxlwaOVQ5f at public.gmane.org
Thu Apr 1 19:23:38 UTC 2004

On Monday 29 March 2004 18:52, Kerry Panchoo wrote:

> One of my applications involve moving some large file around. I'm
> looking for a solution where i can upload large files, typically around
> 500MB, the max size should be around 2GB. I'm looking for a web
> interface that would allow you to upload a file of that size to a server
> where it (the interface) resides.

Can you use ftp?   If it *must* be done through a webpage, the dumb/easy idea
that comes to mind would be to have a webpage that logs them into an ftp
site.  You could use frames, the main frame being the ftp site loaded via a
URL like ftp://user:pass-FwOjUtylPr5QFI55V6+gNQ@public.gmane.org/ ... the smaller (menu?) frame would just
instruct the user to drag their file into the "Files" area of the page.

Besides that, is it possible to just forget the web and use scp, rsync,
ftp, ???