could not allocate partition

Chris Aitken aitken-BwLjziHGQLusTnJN9+BGXg at public.gmane.org
Wed Sep 24 20:44:55 UTC 2003

I am getting 'could not allocate partition' trying to partition in Disk
Druid while installing rh 7.3. No other explanation. It's reportig 10
GB free space - yet it gives me the error every time I try to create the
/home directory. The best it will accept is a / and a swap. But I want
to keep a seperate /home partition this time.

I could partition with pqmagict.exe as I have in the past, but I am
nervous about using third-party utilities - I suspect some of my past
partitioning woes have been due to pqmagict. Besides, the version of
pqmagict I have will only format the partition with ext2, not ext3.

Has anyone else run into this?

Chris