.sxw files now .zip

Fraser Campbell fraser-Txk5XLRqZ6CsTnJN9+BGXg at public.gmane.org
Tue Sep 30 16:14:20 UTC 2003

On Tuesday 30 September 2003 11:57, Daniel Armstrong wrote:

> I even tried modifying file treatment so that the
> default application for opening zip files would be
> OpenOffice Writer 1.1, but a left-click on the .sxw
> icon still only breaks down the file into its xml
> components. Only by manually opening the file does it
> display properly in OpenOffice.
>
> My question is... How do I restore KDE settings to see
> .sxw as OpenOffice files?

When I right-click on a .sxw file and select "edit file type" I get the
following:

- filename patterns, *.sxw ... add that if you don't see it, probably remove
  other things
- Description, OpenOffice.org 1.0 Text Document
- Application Preference Order, OOO 1.1.0 Math, OOO 1.1.0 Writer, OO Writer

Clearly my application preference order doesn't make a lot of sense but it
works.  Make sure you have an application pointing to /usr/bin/oowriter (or
whatever your binary is for that).

Halton Hills, Ontario, Canada                       Debian GNU/Linux