Debian modules question

Fraser Campbell fraser-Txk5XLRqZ6CsTnJN9+BGXg at public.gmane.org
Sun Sep 28 18:31:40 UTC 2003

On Sunday 28 September 2003 13:59, waltdnes-SLHPyeZ9y/tg9hUCZPvPmw at public.gmane.org wrote:

>   I mis-interpreted the documentation and asked the wrong question.  Let
> me re-phrase the question.  Can I modprobe those same modules in via a
> script or via /etc/modules.conf if they aren't automatically loaded.  If
> I do need them at bootup, can I manually change the list of
> automatically load modules after the fact?

Yes.  You can simply rerun the tool that you're seeing during install
(modconf) or you can list the modules in the file /etc/modules ... here's the
extensive documentation from the modules man page:

       The /etc/modules file contains the names of kernel modules
       that are to be loaded at boot time, one  per  line.  Argu­
       ments  can  be  given in the same line as the module name.
       Comments begin with a `#',  and  everything  on  the  line
       after them are ignored.

Halton Hills, Ontario, Canada                             Debian GNU/Linux