Debian modules question

waltdnes-SLHPyeZ9y/tg9hUCZPvPmw at public.gmane.org waltdnes-SLHPyeZ9y/tg9hUCZPvPmw at public.gmane.org
Sun Sep 28 17:59:31 UTC 2003

On Sun, Sep 28, 2003 at 10:59:01AM -0400, Seneca wrote

> The Debian installation does not include compiling a kernel.  The
> modules that you select will be automatically loaded when the system
> boots.

  I mis-interpreted the documentation and asked the wrong question.  Let
me re-phrase the question.  Can I modprobe those same modules in via a
script or via /etc/modules.conf if they aren't automatically loaded.  If
I do need them at bootup, can I manually change the list of
automatically load modules after the fact?

  Another way of looking at it... if I install Debian to load a lot more
than it needs, can I tweak that later, via /etc/modules.conf or some
other config file (if so, which other config file?).

  I'm probably worse than a newbie, because I have to un-learn a bunch
of Redhat-isms.

Email users are divided into two classes;
1) Those who have effective spam-blocking
2) Those who wish they did