Balsa

Austin aacton-B71PBEe7S7Y at public.gmane.org
Sat Sep 27 12:58:36 UTC 2003

On 09/27/2003 11:50:25 AM, JoeHill wrote:
> Heh, and here I thought I was gonna get a "you should use Debian, you
> wouldn't have these problems...blah, blah, blah..." :-D

apt-get and urpmi are almost identical in function

> Yep, 9.1 (for now, Mandrake as usual is about to tempt me into another
> upgrade less than a year after I upped from 9.1...those bastages!).

They release every six months.  Period.  Mind you, this release will be
delayed a bit becuause (for the first time) the ISO's will no be published
until the boxed sets are for sale, and the club members have had a chance to
download early.  This was a bit of a sensitive issue for us, but I think we
decided it was for the best interests of survival for the company.

> What *would* be the correct "export PKG_CONFIG_PATH=" to use for
> Mandrake anyway? Just so I don't have to bug you every time I want to
> upgrade or if I want to compile CVS (loooooooove CVS'ing!).

You shouln't need to export anything.  pkgconfig come well setup.  I just
compiled balsa cvs yesterday with:
autoconf
./configure --prefix=/usr
make

No errors at all.
Now you may have problems if you've built the libraries from source and not
installed the .pc files to /usr/lib/pkgconfig... which is our default
PKG_CONFIG_PATH.

I have rebuild the latest balsa for Mandarake 9.1, and it's available at:
http://groundstate.ca/balsa-2.0.14-3mdk.i586.rpm

Austin

--
                                 Austin Acton
        Synthetic Organic Chemist, Teaching Assistant, Ph.D. Candidate