ADSL Connection (solution)

Gilles Fourchet gilles.fourchet-zzOxFVvAfJPQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org
Sat Sep 27 12:30:00 UTC 2003

On Fri, 26 Sep 2003 23:07:57 -0400 (EDT)
"Keith Mastin" <kmastin-PzQIwG9Jn9VAFePFGvp55w at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> Bell the phone company checked to see if your line had dial tone. It did.
> Bell Nexxia the upstream provider was not aware of anything Bell the phone
> company was doing, and vice-versa.

The guy from Bell Residential came especially to test my ADSL line.  He did test the ADSL connection from the jack, on which I have my modem, but from the LAN cable plugged in the modem as well.  He even called somebody to ask them to check something and/or to send a checking signal.  That means that there tests is useless since it cannot detect that, if the signal is there (actually I did not need them to know that), the connection is not.

Gilles