Has anyone used an ATI Radeon 7500 with Linux for Video capture?

Michael Galea mgalea-MwcKTmeKVNQ at public.gmane.org
Fri Sep 26 03:50:57 UTC 2003

I need to capture the family movies from my camcorder onto digital media.
I am hoping to use a Radeon 7500 (has a TV in and MPEG encoder feature) to
capture and then burn to DVD.
Has anyone had experience with this card (or others), and if so, have you been
happy with the results?  I have read that the card can encode 30 fps of
720x480 bits.  Does this produce acceptable video quality?