Ximian Evolution question

Kareem Shehata kareem-d+8TeBu5bOew5LPnMra/2Q at public.gmane.org
Tue Sep 23 13:22:37 UTC 2003

IIRC IMAP allows a few different ways of killing messages.  The most
common that I've seen is to mark a message for deletion, then later all
marked messages can be purged.

There are a number web front-ends for IMAP. I use SquirrelMail ( see
<http://squirrelmail.org> )  though I'm sure other people on the list
can suggest many others.

Kareem

On Mon, 2003-09-22 at 22:46, Madison Kelly wrote:
> Is there a way to tell the IMAP server though to kill a message somehow?
> I imagine there must be otherwise space would be chewed through in a
> hurry. Is IMAP something like a web front-end, by chance?
>
> Madison
>
> On Mon, 2003-09-22 at 18:03, James Knott wrote:
> > Madison Kelly wrote:
> > > Can I ask, I am
> > > almost ashamed to ask how IMAP differs from POP but it is something I
> > > never considered but now you have piqued my interest!
> >
> > With POP, the client software downloads the messages from the mail
> > server and usually deletes them from the server.  This means that if you
> > use more than one computer or mail client, your messages will not all
> > appear in any system.  With IMAP, the messages stay on the server,
> > though you can have local copies on the clients.  Because of this, you
> > can read your mail from any computer or client and it will have all your
> > messages.  I use IMAP on my main desktop system, and can access it from
> > any of my computers and mail clients, even on my notebook via VPN or
> > dial up.
> >
> > --
> > The Toronto Linux Users Group.      Meetings: http://tlug.ss.org
      kareem-d+8TeBu5bOew5LPnMra/2Q at public.gmane.org   -   Kareem Shehata   -   416-676-6611
  We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act,
  but a habit.
    -- Aristotle