o.s. office

Austin aacton-B71PBEe7S7Y at public.gmane.org
Fri Sep 19 21:49:35 UTC 2003

I was walking through the new Technology Enhanced Learning Building today at
work (YorkU/Seneca), and saw them installing this crazy fancy new office
called the o.s. office.  It's got huge painted glass windows with open source
slogans painted all over it, mentioning Linux as possibly the largest
worldwide community effort ever or something, and the value of open source
software, etc. etc.  It looks very cool.

I was almost late to teach a class and I didn't have my camera, but I'll be
sure to take some pics on Monday and post a link.

This is very surprising, becuase in the two years I've worked there, my
exclusive use of linux on my three workstations has been unsupported, mocked,
and disregarded.  Also, my hundreds of hours of work on distributing
scientific software for linux got zero support from the university.

Maybe I can finally convince them to set up a Mandrake mirror.

Austin
--
                        Austin Acton Hon.B.Sc.
             Synthetic Organic Chemist, Teaching Assistant