Out of Office Replies

Peter L. Peres plp-ysDPMY98cNQDDBjDh4tngg at public.gmane.org
Wed Sep 10 17:22:38 UTC 2003

On Wed, 10 Sep 2003, Fraser Campbell wrote:

> There's only two solutions that I can think of:
>
> - Microsoft gets smart enough to insert a special header into their messages
>   indicating that it is an automated message (I haven't seen such a header),
>   this would make it easy to filter out.

This will happen exactly one day before spam stops being sent
spontaneously and that will be two days before h at ll freezes over.

> - In the original mail that I send, I set some header that makes Outlook's
>   autoresponder not respond to the email

Try to send a virus ?

> Anyone know if something like the above exists?

No, there isn't, BUT you can program a mail filter like procmail to look
in the message and zap any messages that say that they are on vacation.

Peter