Out of Office Replies

Fraser Campbell fraser-Txk5XLRqZ6CsTnJN9+BGXg at public.gmane.org
Thu Sep 11 17:18:40 UTC 2003

On Wednesday 10 September 2003 13:22, Peter L. Peres wrote:

> > Anyone know if something like the above exists?
>
> No, there isn't, BUT you can program a mail filter like procmail to look
> in the message and zap any messages that say that they are on vacation.

That's the whole point of this thread.  How do you identify such messages with
procmail?

Mailing list messages are easily recognized and procmail has a specific filter
to help you recognize them.  Out of office messages are not easily
recognisable.  No common headers to filter on ... if I'd been filtering out
messages with 'out of office' in the subject I'd have missed the entire
thread.

Halton Hills, Ontario, Canada                       Debian GNU/Linux