Problems With List?

Andrew Malcolmson andzy-ZTO5kqT2PaM at public.gmane.org
Wed Sep 10 20:31:28 UTC 2003

Fraser Campbell wrote:
> On Wednesday 10 September 2003 01:44, Jason Shein wrote:
>

>>I posted about a week ago topic was about the sharp Zaurus. Then I tried
>>to reply to a posting and I got
>>"Your message was not delivered within 4 days. Host ss.org is not
>>responding."
>

> Did it really say "Host ss.org is not responding" or was it "Host lethe.ss.org
> is not responding"?  It's an important difference.  It should have been
> lethe.ss.org otherwise there's something funny going on (funnier than just
> plain connectivity issues).

At some point someone is going to tell me to stop pushing Gmane, but
nobody's got around to this yet so here goes:

If you read the TLUG list as a newsgroup via nntp://news.gmane.org
(group name gmane.org.user-groups.linux.tolug) you don't have to worry
about any blockage issues.  You get the convenience of a newsreader
interface (threading is the main one), you don't have to worry about
messages piling up in your mail folders, and you don't want to get
messages for a while, you just uncheck the list in your news reader's
subscribed groups list.

If anyone has tried this and not liked it I'd like to know why because
it seems like a big convenience win with no downside other than needing
to know how to use a newsreader.