RH9 ISO Updateing, How?

Kevin Cozens kcozens-qazKcTl6WRFWk0Htik3J/w at public.gmane.org
Fri Oct 31 20:49:56 UTC 2003

At 12:28 PM 10/31/2003 -0500, Kareem wrote:
>I haven't mucked about in RH in a while, but last time I did, there was
>a RPMS folder in the root of the CD.  Try adding/removing packages there
>and give it a shot.  Dunno if there's actually a package index on the
>disk, or how you'd go about updating it.

There is a package index (or list) on the CD somewhere. I updated RPM
packages in an ISO once but when I went to do the install with the updated
image the installer complained that it couldn't find the older version of
the package. Once you update the RPM you need to update the package list
used by the installer. I don't know where that file is however.

Cheers!

Packet:ve3syb at ve3yra.#con.on.ca.na|  Try to assimilate the world!"