NVU the WYSIWYG HTML for linux

Fraser Campbell fraser-Txk5XLRqZ6CsTnJN9+BGXg at public.gmane.org
Thu Oct 30 19:06:00 UTC 2003

On Thursday 30 October 2003 13:49, Howard Gibson wrote:

>    I have a Perl script that searches HTML files for a tag.  When it finds
> the tag, it inserts the contents of a specified HTML file.  When I am ready
> to update the website, I run a Makefile which calls up this script to set
> up a footer.  I upload the results.  To fix all the footers on the site, I
> have to re-upload all the HTML, but this is fairly easy with FTP, and
> easier if you have a shell account.  The PERL code is trivial, and I do not
> need to execute anything at the server.

At one time I used m4 for generating HTML.  The first hit on google finds this
tutorial (http://www.fysik.dtu.dk/CAMP/htmlinm4.html), not the one I used but
still interesting.  Before that I thought m4 was only for sendmail config
files ;-)

Halton Hills, Ontario, Canada                             Debian GNU/Linux