after Linux, what? in place of Hurd, Eros, Brazil,...?

Tom Tom-QXpTDD2AffPSUeElwK9/Pw at public.gmane.org
Wed Oct 29 23:50:40 UTC 2003

Personally, I'm not a technical or moral purist.  I want to see the success
of an OS that represents the types of values espoused by many in the OSS
community.

For success to be possible, some compromise is necessary.

Being a C++ programmer, I would have liked a C++ based OS, like BeOS.  But
if we each follow our own fancy then we will all end up having to use
Windows in our jobs (as I currently do).  Linux has, through whatever
process, become the OS for this community.

Tom.

"Toomas Karmo" <verbum-qazKcTl6WRFWk0Htik3J/w at public.gmane.org> wrote in
message news:20031029214601.GB2221-qazKcTl6WRGtq2lpoERdew at public.gmane.org