Netscape lock & purge & Thank You All

aitken-BwLjziHGQLusTnJN9+BGXg at public.gmane.org aitken-BwLjziHGQLusTnJN9+BGXg at public.gmane.org
Tue Oct 21 18:23:50 UTC 2003

"Peter L. Peres" wrote:

> Wrt locally deleted not removed from server, check compatibility between
> your version of Netscape and pop3d. I remember there were some issues in
> the past with this.

I ended up resolving this by deleting the .netscape directory, which was
rebuilt
when I fired up Netscape again. The new .netscape contains a 'lock' file -
the old
one did *not*, but Netscape claimed there *was* a lock file, which meant I
had to
set my Identity and pop3 server settings everytime I used Netscape.

Now all the problems are gone. No lock file error, server deletes mail only
when
I delete it  locally (pop3 server settings), and  I expect my Identity and
Reply To
Address ]settings will now persist from session to session.

: )

Chris

P.S. Thank you everyone for all your help with everything. It must seem
like I post and post and never resolve anything.  Feels good to finish one.