CVS, Wiki and other office stuff

Lloyd D Budd lloyd-fEEwcc3XMu8jODpR/OX0VQ at public.gmane.org
Thu Oct 16 12:23:36 UTC 2003

On Wed, 2003-10-15 at 14:45, Kerry Panchoo wrote:
> I'm thinking about setting up CVS in my office to handle versioning of
> documents etc- i've got a number of Windows XP machines for general use
> and Linux boxes for development etc.
>
> I used SourceSafe at my last job and know the use/power of something
> like CVS for version control etc.
I suggest taking a serious look at subversion as an alternative to CVS.

> I'll set up a wiki for office use also.
There are so many flavors, but they all seem to taste the same.  I have
been playing with a few wiki implementations, but it is too soon to form
an opinion.

> I also need to set up something for a central control of contacts,
> appointments, tasks etc- that both my windows and linux machines can use
I have no exerience with "groupware", but I have seen good comments
regarding:
www.tutos.org
phpcollab.sourceforge.net/
www.phprojekt.com/