Mandrake9.2 is out!

Austin aacton-B71PBEe7S7Y at public.gmane.org
Tue Oct 14 22:42:09 UTC 2003

On 10/15/2003 08:15:39 AM, Marc Lijour (Professeur d'Informatique)
wrote:
> The logic of bittorrent isn't it that the more we share the faster it
> goes?

Yes, but Mandrake desperately needs cash, so they are trying to add
some value to being a club member.  At first we (developers) were very
upset about this but we later decided that:

1. two weeks isn't that long to wait for non-club members
2. it MAY actually encourage more people to join the club
3. the rpms are all available by urpmi anyway... so you don't really
need the iso
4. the torrent will probably leak from the club anyway

Austin