Microsoft Must be held accountable.

cbbrowne-HInyCGIudOg at public.gmane.org cbbrowne-HInyCGIudOg at public.gmane.org
Tue Oct 14 01:18:39 UTC 2003

> On Mon, 13 Oct 2003, Keith Mastin wrote:
>
> > I don't think you can unincorporate until your books are free and clear
> > and the creditors have been paid or those matters have been settled for
> > the corporation. Until you do, it's still a viable entity and can come
> > back to haunt you later.
>
> I guess you didn't read my post about Dave & crew (Velocet/DSL.ca); you
> can contact the trustee ("Judd, Gregory M." <gjudd-dvAlpm8UpAg at public.gmane.org>) for
> confirmation that they walked away owing creditors ~$2M.
>
> Last I heard, Dave was still driving a nice new Lincoln Navigator and just
> finished building a new custom house.

Ah, but was Dave one of the officers of the corporation?  Or just an
employee?

If he was the latter, then he likely isn't considered legally
responsible for any of the company's debts.

If he _was_ an officer, then it's entirely possible that the story is
not yet complete.

You can almost certainly find instances of virtually any sort of
situation you wish to; figuring out which scenarios are actually common
and typical is not a trivial matter.
--
let name="cbbrowne" and tld="acm.org" in name ^ "@" ^ tld;;
http://www3.sympatico.ca/cbbrowne/lsf.html