Net Integrator Appliance

Keith Mastin kmastin-PzQIwG9Jn9VAFePFGvp55w at public.gmane.org
Sun Oct 12 19:40:50 UTC 2003

<quote who="Scott Adams">
> Hi Keith,
> Thats wat i was thinking myself, but they seem hell bent on this unit. I
> already put the ROM chip in a new computer and experimented with it using
> larger ide drives, but im worried some of the custom stuff might be
> copywrited, and their idea of cloning it to 2 or more machines doesn't
> seem right to me.

If there's copyright violations I would *_back_away_slowley_*... tell them
is that there's a lot of bugs to be worked out and it would be less
expensive to buy duplicate servers (they're cheap at wholesale) than to
invest the time in hacking it.

I took a good close look at that box at the factory in Markham, talked to
some of the people involved in it. In the end I wasn't satisfied that the
box was any more secure than any linux box I've configured, and the single
point of failure too risky.

--
Keith