Net Integrator Appliance

Keith Mastin kmastin-PzQIwG9Jn9VAFePFGvp55w at public.gmane.org
Sun Oct 12 18:17:03 UTC 2003

<quote who="Scott Adams">
> Hi all.
> A customer just ordered one of these Mach 1 units, and on the whole, its
> a nice unit. We were wondering if anybody had used one, and managed to
> do an inhouse upgrade, by moving the boot files from the flash ram and
> combining them with the rest of the OS onto new scsi drives for Raid 5.
> And info would be appreciated.

Watch your warranty with that if you plan on doing anything under the hood
yourself. The whole point of Net Integration is customer entrapment. IMHO
you would be better off to get a copy of esmith or clark connect and RAID5
that. In moving evrything over to a scsi drive from ROM you lose the
secured aspect of the OS.

--
Keith