Anti spam solutions

JoeHill joehill-rieW9WUcm8FFJ04o6PK0Fg at public.gmane.org
Sat Oct 11 12:16:08 UTC 2003

On Sat, 11 Oct 2003 10:53:49 +0200 (IST)
"Peter L. Peres" <plp-ysDPMY98cNQDDBjDh4tngg at public.gmane.org> uttered:

> I don't want that but I don't want the spam in a worse way than I
> don't want that.

Sweet Lord Jesus, tell me you don't mean that! We're talking about
losing a really great opportunity for giving all people on this
godforsaken rock the ability to share their thoughts and ideas openly...

I agree something must be done about spam, but there are other sol'ns
that, IMO, are better than adding another layer of payment to the
scheme.

Like I mentioned elsewhere, everyone having a valid and encrypted
personal key in order to send e-mail, a *public key*, not the DRM sol'n
MS and Big Media wants to force down our throats. Make it impossible for
the spammer to hide their identity.

IPV6 holds some promise in this area as well, each and every network
user having a unique and traceable ID. This idea is discussed here:

http://fourmilab.ch/documents/digital-imprimatur/

--
JoeHill
Registered Linux user #282046