Microsoft Must be held accountable.

Keith Mastin kmastin-PzQIwG9Jn9VAFePFGvp55w at public.gmane.org
Thu Oct 9 22:38:32 UTC 2003

<quote who="JoeHill">

> The recent report by the CCIA gave us an academic viewpoint as to why
> Windows is a blight on the Internet.
>
> This article provides a concrete example as to why Windows machines
> should be disconnected from the Internet, quarantined, and otherwise
> shut out, wherever possible, until MS decides to take responsibility for
> this outrageous lack of security.
>
> http://www.wired.com/news/business/0,1367,60747,00.html

Good article. It shows how they're using dns to scoot around being traced.
It would be interesting to see the snort-snarf output on those different
packets.

Not sure if I agree with your fix for it though. As I see it, this is just
an example of how we have to be just as inventive in our own policies as
the bad guys are in trying to be invisible.

--
Keith