Microsoft Must be held accountable.

JoeHill joehill-rieW9WUcm8FFJ04o6PK0Fg at public.gmane.org
Fri Oct 10 12:40:00 UTC 2003

On Thu, 9 Oct 2003 18:38:32 -0400 (EDT)
"Keith Mastin" <kmastin-PzQIwG9Jn9VAFePFGvp55w at public.gmane.org> uttered:

> Good article. It shows how they're using dns to scoot around being
> traced. It would be interesting to see the snort-snarf output on those
> different packets.
>
> Not sure if I agree with your fix for it though. As I see it, this is
> just an example of how we have to be just as inventive in our own
> policies as the bad guys are in trying to be invisible.

But shouldn't MS be held responsible for the ridiculous ease with which
these people can compromise Windows software?

And the only way to get their attention is to make Windows more
difficult to use on the 'net, ie. find a way to identify the machines
and shut them out.

I already block all mail from Outlook unless it is from a known person
or list, and there are ways to make websites inaccessible to IE (there
must be, if there are ways to do the reverse), which I am going to look
into.

--
JoeHill
Registered Linux user #282046