SCO visit

Anthony de Boer adb-tlug-AbAJl/g/NLXk1uMJSBkQmQ at public.gmane.org
Wed Oct 8 17:22:42 UTC 2003

Colin McGregor wrote:
> As for free stuff, besides a mediocre breakfast and a good lunch I did get
> the following:
>
> - a T-Shirt that has to be read to be believed, in that it makes a series of
> statements all true or arguably true about Linux and leaves the impression
> that Linux is illegal, without actually saying so.

Can you quote those, or are they covered by SCO copyright?  ;-)

They may be infringing on intellectual property of the Ottawa Linux
Symposium here, as every year the OLS t-shirt has a quote about Linux on
the back; this year they broke with tradition by quoting SCO instead of
Microsoft.

>   - A SCO authentication program that will let me manage Windows
> 2000/Unix/Linux users from a Windows 2000 server.
>
> One of the charities I deal with could use the last program, ...

You could run that under WINE, maybe?  I'm surprised they don't have the
thing built for a SCO server, but maybe they're afraid that someone would
run it under Drew's iBCS2.

Speaking of which, iBCS2 isn't in newer kernels, having fallen by the
wayside with the compiled-for-SCO stuff people used to run on it.
Maybe we could use this to prove that Linux has actually moved away,
not towards, their code?  ;-)

--
Anthony de Boer