SCO visit

Colin McGregor colinmc151-bJEeYj9oJeDQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org
Wed Oct 8 11:56:15 UTC 2003

"James Knott" <james.knott-bJEeYj9oJeDQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org> on Wednesday, October 08, 2003 6:51
AM wrote:

> Colin McGregor wrote:
>
> > In going forward SCO noted that in first quarter (January - March) of
2004
> > SCO plans to add the followings to Unixware:
> >
> > - PAM authentication
> > - Basic Sound Support
> > - Native XFree86
>
> I suppose they'll now sue anyone who doesn't licence those from them.

Likely, and they will presumably sue the software developers for infringing
on their intellectual property (after all they seem to think the GPL doesn't
matter when they don't want it to matter...). Hummm, because of the AT&T
settlement SCO can NOT go after the guts of the BSDs, in a few months do
think we will hear SCO talking about how there is source code in SCO that
has been "directly copied" in FreeBSD, OpenBSD, etc...?

Colin.

P.S.:

Things Found in the Microsoft Cafeteria

 11. Age of Entrées
 10. Lunch Service Pack (fixes lack of butter in mashed potatoes and leak in
drinking glass)
 9. IISed Tea
 8. Blue Screen of Death By Chocolate Cake
 7. Fat16-Free Mayo
 6. Zoo Tycoon Wild Game Appetizer Sampler
 5. Outlook Espresso
 4. Imitation Apple Pie
 3. Patch Cobbler
 2. Hotmail waiters