B.I.O.S. to lock out non-Windows code ?

Peter L. Peres plp-ysDPMY98cNQDDBjDh4tngg at public.gmane.org
Tue Oct 7 18:24:19 UTC 2003

On Tue, 7 Oct 2003, Hugh Reilly wrote:

> I believe the real solution is to develop an "abundant" currency that can be
> used for such products, which will comprise an ever-increasing portion of
> the GNP, much as industrial products supplanted agriculture as the principle
> area of economic activity.

I can't wait to see that happen. I was born and lived in a communist
country for 23 years before I could leave and I could tell you a lot more
than fits in 200 emails about the general long term effects of abundant
anything, and that includes air, and monopoly money of the kind some
governments print in abundance whenever it becomes 'scarce'. See under
'inflation' and gov't budget excesses for more technical explanations.

I do not teach economics (my grandpa did - and that does not mandate me
to), nor do I have a degree, but I'd suggest you to read up seriously on
the historic effect of monopoly money on the economy of various countries.
The more recent (financial) history of England or Germany or France (in
the XXth century) as reflected in the standard of living of the respective
nations would be a good start for that imho. No offence meant, I really
believe this is important to know.

Peter