GUI

Byron Q. Desnoyers Winmill lists-Gb8Tj4xcA4YgsBAKwltoeQ at public.gmane.org
Fri Nov 28 05:06:45 UTC 2003

On Thu, 27 Nov 2003, Taavi Burns wrote:
> For all the praise you've placed on OS/2, I do suggest you have a look
> at OSX as a modern implementation.  No, it probably won't match up
> to the industrial strength of OS/2, but it's probably the closest modern
> equivalent, and 10 times more UNIXy.  ;)  Quite a shame that OS pre-X
> lasted so long in its singletasking hole.

I've been wondering how the OS X Finder compares to the WPS, but haven't
had the desire to wade through Apple's documentation.  Older versions of
the Macintosh system software had their qualities, and I keep a few
System 7.1 machines to prove it.  ;)  As for Unixy operating systems:
OS/2 fared quite well because of EMX.  That is to say that a lot of
applications were ported, including XFree86.

Byron.