Looking for Advice

Thomas Gibson a67582000-/E1597aS9LQAvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Thu Nov 27 21:45:19 UTC 2003

Madison,
	As for job prospects, it is a tough time but I can
tell you that in 9 time out of 10 you are going to
secure a job based on your face-to-face skills both to
secure an interview and subsequently to get hired.
Try to make direct contact with prospective companies
even if they say no calls.  Also, try contacting
companies networking for information(ie. not looking
for immediate employment).  If you don't front
immediately as looking for employment they can't
reject you immediately and you will probably learn
something along the way.

	Having worked for the last ~8 years in various
software/systems development settings I can tell you
its not all its cracked up to be.  I am trying to head
in the other direction(small business, consulant?) but
I'm not sure of the details.  A group of TLUGers had
made some motions in the spring about creating an open
source consultancy group but that sorta lost steam.
	If you have any insights to give, want an opinion(,
etc) email me.  What is your background/interests
other than what you mentioned?

 --- Madison Kelly <linux-5ZoueyuiTZhBDgjK7y7TUQ at public.gmane.org> wrote: > Hi
everyone,

http://tlug.ss.org/subscribe.shtml