Looking for Advice

Madison Kelly linux-5ZoueyuiTZhBDgjK7y7TUQ at public.gmane.org
Fri Nov 28 05:36:33 UTC 2003

Hi Thomas!

   I know, and have known, that it is who you know more than what. Trick
is, I went to New Bruswick for a while and now most of my contacts have
dried up. The people who I do know in the industry are themselves
struggling to stay afloat.

   The one saving grace I have is that I do know I enjoy what I want to
do. I've been helping customers, teaching, and most of all designing
systems, servers and networks since 1997 (in an official capacity - I've
been doing since I was young as a hobby). I guess in a nutshell my best
skill is my ability to trouble shoot problems. I came to Toronto to
study (of all things) orthotic and prosthetic technology (various body
braces and artificial limbs). Because those fields are so small and the
problems so varied the majority of the time we were in school was spent
learning various ways to look at problems and how to find solutions with
  whatever is on hand.

   Kind of hard to quantify, isn't it? :)

Madison

PS - About the TLUG consulting thing; if there was still interest and
resources I would be quite interested.