mdk: cooker individual software?

Austin aacton-B71PBEe7S7Y at public.gmane.org
Thu Nov 27 18:45:35 UTC 2003

On 11/27/2003 10:39:52 AM, JoeHill wrote:
> By any of these methods, will he not run into the dependency on the
> newer
> version of libgal? Even building from source, he'll need the newer
> version, plus
> it's corresponding -devel lib.
>
> Or is there an RPM with the appropriate lib built into it already?
> This would be
> something I have not encountered before...

Well it depends on whether it requires the newest libgal to build or
not.  I'm not sure.  Of course, if he gets an RPM wherein the binary
was built against the new libgal, then sure, he'll also have to install
the library package.  But unlike RedHat, Mandrake allows you to install
several different versions of any library, so you don't have to remove
other packages that require the older version.

If it will build against his version of libgal though, even less to
worry about.

Austin